- TIARA Summer School on Radio Astronomy, Aug. 15~19, 2016
- TIARA/CHARMS Mini-Workshop on Disks in the Protoplanetary Systems, Aug. 02~03, 2016
- TIARA Summer School on Numerical Astrophysics, Jul. 13~17, 2015
- TIARA Workshop on Astrobiology, Jun. 28~02, 2015
- Dawn of New Cosmology: Opportunities and Challenges in CMB Polarization and Large Scale Structure, Dec. 08~12, 2014
- Winter School on Cosmology, Feb. 10~14, 2014
- The First Hundred Million Years of the Solar System, Nov. 04~08, 2013
- TIARA Summer School on Astrobiology, Aug. 05~09, 2013
- TIARA Workshop on Star Formation and Its Environment in the Center of Galaxies, Nov. 12~16, 2012
- Winter School on High Redshift Galaxies, Feb. 06~10, 2012
The institute was established as a cooperative effort between the National Science Council and
Academia Sinica and aims to coordinate efforts of researchers and the training of future theoretical
astrophysicists throughout Taiwan and Asia.
It serves as an international center of excellence where forefront research can be intimately integrated into the graduate education at Taiwan's universities and academic institutions. Current research activities span star and planet formation, cosmology and large scale structure, galactic structure and dynamics, and high energy astrophysics including compact objects.